Seal Watch Adventure Cruise
Every trip is different, we pull up a seat and Mother Nature provides the performance!
Orleans through Little and Big Pleasant Bay to Chatham Harbor
As you travel from Orleans to Chatham Harbor, you will pass by marshes and islands with history – one with rumored pirate treasure. On this Seal Watch Adventure Cruise the dunes of Nauset Beach, the Cape Cod National Seashore and beyond, an Atlantic Ocean inlet and bustling harbor come into are view. Arriving in Chatham Harbor, you will visit with the local seal colony who are swimming in groups or might be hauled out on a sandbar, sunbathing and “singing”. On this adventure, you’ll stop by the Chatham Fish Pier to check if the local fishing boats are offloading their catch of the day, an interesting and educational process. On the journey back to Orleans sit back and relax, taking in the wonderful scenery of Pleasant Bay.
Private Charters, just for you and your party along with the captain, are very personal and interactive experiences. You are welcome to bring along beverages and snacks. There will be an appropriate time for refreshments, the captain will discuss this prior to departure.
Private Charter Pricing
Private 1 Hour 45 Minute Charter: 1-4 passengers $550. Additional passengers encouraged at a discounted rate of $75 per additional passenger, up to a total group of 12. Infants under 12 months are free, please fill out the number of infants on the reservation form as we must have an accurate number of passengers per USCG regulations. For groups over 12 passengers please call the office.
Add a trip to Chatham Lighthouse: For an additional $75, treat your whole group for a trip to view the famous Chatham Lighthouse from the water, as well as, $15-20 million dollar mansions and the venerable Chatham Bars Inn (In season rooms exceed $3,000 per night). The lighthouse is within the harbor, protected by the barrier beach, not in the ocean.
- We recommend that you bring along jackets/rain jackets and dress appropriately for the weather that may happen during your trip.
- We do not allow sunscreen application on our boats, please apply before you board.
- Children under the age of 12 are required to wear a life jacket that we will provide. However, you may bring along your own.
Private Cruise Cancellation Policy:
- PRIVATE CRUISE reservations receive a 50% refund if you cancel up and until 48 hours before scheduled departure time, if you cancel within 48 hours of departure the full reservation is non-refundable.
- 100% refund if the Captain cancels, prior to departure, due to weather or mechanical issues and we cannot re-schedule your cruise.
- Cancellations will be made just prior to the cruise departure time at the sole discretion of the captain.
- Shortened cruises based on a change of weather will be refunded on a prorated basis.
- Weather Cancellation Policy can be found on our FAQ page.
Blue Claw Boat Tours
69 Barley Neck Road Orleans, Massachusetts 02653