Beachcomber Expedition and Seal Tour
Beachcomb and view the seals in ONE trip on our boat to an uninhabited island beach. An authentic Cape Cod Experience!
Cape Cod Beachcombing Boat Tour
This popular beachcombing trip leaves from Orleans and travels to Chatham Harbor to the view the local seal colony. Enjoy their singing as they play in the water or lounge in the sun and be sure to bring your camera aboard this Cape Cod boat tour. After visiting with the seals, you are dropped off on Tern Island in the middle of Chatham Harbor, which is only accessible by boat. Relax on this uninhabited island, pack a picnic to enjoy, collect Cape Cod shells and delight in the peace and quiet. You’ll also stop by the Chatham fish pier to check if there are any fishing boats off loading their catch, an interesting process. This family-friendly tour is a great way to spend a few hours on your Cape Cod vacation and provides a great opportunity to take home one-of-a-kind souvenirs!
We provide a complimentary beachcombing bag with every Private Charter reservation.
The boat and captain stay anchored near the beach while you explore. There are no facilities or lifeguards on the island. SWIMMING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
Private Charter Pricing:
Private 3 Hour Charter: $850 for 1-6 passengers, $110 each additional passenger above 6. For groups over 12 passengers please call our office. Infants under 12 months are free, please fill out the number of infants on the reservation form as we must have an accurate number of passengers per USCG regulations.
- On a Private Charter you are welcome to pack a picnic to enjoy on a a quiet island in the harbor, away from it all, but close enough to see the harbor activity.
- Private afternoon trips may be available on a limited basis. Please call our office for availability.
*Please note that we are not selling individual tickets for public cruises at this time.
- We require that each party brings along a cell phone for communication with the captain.
- There are no facilities or life guards on the island. SWIMMING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Please respect the signage on the island that protects endangered birds and their nests.
- You will need to step into ankle deep to mid-calf high water, just a few steps to the beach, beach shoes recommended.
- We do not allow sunscreen application on our boats, please apply before you board.
- We recommend that you bring along jackets/rain jackets and dress appropriately for the weather that may happen during your trip.
- Children under the age of 12 are required to wear a life jacket that we will provide. However, you may bring along your own.
Private Cruise Cancellation Policy:
We offer a 50% refund if cancellation is made after confirmation but prior to 48 hours before scheduled departure. Entire payment is forfeited if cancellation is made within 48 hours of departure time.
- 100% refund if the Captain cancels, prior to departure, due to weather or mechanical issues and we cannot re-schedule your cruise.
- Cancellations will be made just prior to the cruise departure time at the sole discretion of the captain.
- Shortened cruises based on a change of weather will be refunded on a prorated basis.
- Weather Cancellation Policy can be found on our FAQ page.
Blue Claw Boat Tours
69 Barley Neck Road Orleans, Massachusetts 02653