Beachcomber Expedition and Seal Tour
Beachcomb and view the seals in ONE trip on our boat to an uninhabited island beach. An authentic Cape Cod Experience!
Cape Cod Beachcombing Boat Tour
This popular beachcombing trip leaves from Orleans and travels to Chatham Harbor to the view the local seal colony. Enjoy their singing as they play in the water or lounge in the sun and be sure to bring your camera aboard this Cape Cod boat tour. After visiting with the seals, you are dropped off on Tern Island in the middle of Chatham Harbor, which is only accessible by boat. Relax on this uninhabited island, pack a picnic to enjoy, collect Cape Cod shells and delight in the peace and quiet. You’ll also stop by the Chatham fish pier to check if there are any fishing boats off loading their catch, an interesting process. This family-friendly tour is a great way to spend a few hours on your Cape Cod vacation and provides a great opportunity to take home one-of-a-kind souvenirs!
We provide a complimentary beachcombing bag with every Private Charter reservation.
The boat and captain stay anchored near the beach while you explore. There are no facilities or lifeguards on the island. SWIMMING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
Private Charter Pricing:
- On a Private Charter you are welcome to pack a picnic to enjoy on a a quiet island in the harbor, away from it all, but close enough to see the harbor activity.
- Private morning trips may be available, particularly for groups with small children who need to avoid nap time. Please call our office for a morning option.
Private Charter: For 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 passengers $750. For groups of 7 or more add an additional $100 per passenger fee, 12 passenger maximum. Please call for groups over 12 passengers.
Private Charter: 3 Hours (appx. 1.5 hours on the beach)
- We require that each party brings along a cell phone for communication with the captain.
- There are no facilities or life guards on the island. SWIMMING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- You will need to step into ankle deep to mid-calf high water, just a few steps to the beach.
- We do not allow sunscreen application on our boats, please apply before you board.
- We recommend that you bring along jackets and dress appropriately for the weather, it is always cooler on the water.
- Children under the age of 12 are required to wear a life jacket that we will provide. However, you may bring along your own.
Blue Claw Boat Tours
235 Main Street Orleans, Massachusetts 02653