Beachcomber Expedition and Seal Tour
Beachcomb and view the seals in ONE trip on our boat to an uninhabited island beach. An authentic Cape Cod Experience!
Cape Cod Beachcombing Boat Tour
This popular beachcombing trip leaves from Orleans and travels to Chatham Harbor to the view the local seal colony. Enjoy their singing as they play in the water or lounge in the sun and be sure to bring your camera aboard this Cape Cod boat tour. After visiting with the seals, you are dropped off on Tern Island in the middle of Chatham Harbor, which is only accessible by boat. Relax on this uninhabited island, pack a picnic to enjoy, collect Cape Cod shells and delight in the peace and quiet. You’ll also stop by the Chatham fish pier to check if there are any fishing boats off loading their catch, an interesting process. This family-friendly tour is a great way to spend a few hours on your Cape Cod vacation and provides a great opportunity to take home one-of-a-kind souvenirs!
We provide a complimentary beachcombing bag with every Private Charter reservation.
The boat and captain stay anchored near the beach while you explore. There are no facilities or lifeguards on the island. SWIMMING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
Private Charter Pricing:
Private 3 Hour Charter: $900 for 1-6 passengers. Additional passengers encouraged at a discounted rate of $100 per additional passenger, up to a total group of 12. For groups over 12 passengers please call our office. Infants under 12 months are free, please fill out the number of infants on the reservation form as we must have an accurate number of passengers per USCG regulations.
- On a Private Charter you are welcome to pack a picnic to enjoy on a a quiet island in the harbor, away from it all, but close enough to see the harbor activity.
- Private afternoon trips may be available on a limited basis. Please call our office for availability.
- We require that each party brings along a cell phone for communication with the captain.
- There are no facilities or life guards on the island. SWIMMING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Please respect the signage on the island that protects endangered birds and their nests.
- You will need to step into ankle deep to mid-calf high water, just a few steps to the beach, beach shoes recommended.
- We do not allow sunscreen application on our boats, please apply before you board.
- We recommend that you bring along jackets/rain jackets and dress appropriately for the weather that may happen during your trip.
- Children under the age of 12 are required to wear a life jacket that we will provide. However, you may bring along your own.
Private Cruise Cancellation Policy:
- Customers will receive a full refund with 7 days notice of cancellation. Cancellations within the 7 day window – but more than 48 hours before departure time – will be refunded 50% of the cruise price but not the booking fee. No-shows and cancellations made 48 hours or less before departure time will not receive any refund.
- Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation, prior to departure, due to inclement weather or other unanticipated circumstances. Cancellations will be made just prior to the cruise departure time at the sole discretion of the captain. Shortened cruises based on a change of weather will be refunded on a prorated basis.
- Weather Cancellation Policy can be found on our FAQ page.
- Please contact us directly by phone to inquire about a change or cancellation.