Beachcomber Expedition and Seal Tour
Beachcomb and view the seals in ONE trip on our boat to an uninhabited island beach. An authentic Cape Cod Experience!
Cape Cod Beachcombing Boat Tour
This popular beachcombing trip leaves from Orleans and travels to Chatham Harbor to the view the local seal colony. Enjoy their singing as they play in the water or lounge in the sun and be sure to bring your camera aboard this Cape Cod boat tour. After visiting with the seals, you are dropped off on Tern Island in the middle of Chatham Harbor, which is only accessible by boat. Relax on this uninhabited island, collect Cape Cod shells and enjoy the natural wonders of this harbor island beach. This family-friendly tour is a great way to spend a few hours on your Orleans, Cape Cod vacation and provides a great opportunity to take home one-of-a-kind souvenirs!
We provide a complimentary beachcombing bag with every reservation.
The boat and captain stay anchored near the beach while you explore. There are no facilities or lifeguards on the island.
Private Charter Pricing
- On a Private Charter you are welcome to pack a picnic to enjoy on a quiet, serene beach. You can also bring along a frisbee or a football, something that many public beaches are not allowing.
- Morning trips may be available, particularly for groups with small children who need to avoid nap time. Please call our office for a morning option.
Starting at $650. for 1-6 passengers, with an additional per passenger fee for over 6 passengers.
Public Cruise: 2.5 hours (appx 1 hour on the beach)
Private Charter: 3 hours (appx 1.5 hours on the beach)
- We request that each party brings along a cell phone for communication with the captain.
- There are no facilities or life guards on the island.
- You will need to step into mid-calf high water, just a few steps to the beach.
- We do not allow sunscreen application on our boats, please apply before you board.
- We recommend that you bring along jackets and dress appropriately for the weather, it is always cooler on the water.
- Please note that we do require a minimum number of passengers to run a public cruise.
- Children ages 11 and under are required to wear a life vest.
Blue Claw Boat Tours
235 Main Street Orleans, Massachusetts 02653